Fundraising Champion Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your fundraising page link in all of your posts.
SAMPLE POST 1:
- I am participating in MSPCA-Angell Giving Day, a 24-hour giving movement, on March 23! Join me in supporting the MSPCA-Angell to help alleviate the suffering of animals. As a fundraising champion for the MSPCA-Angell, I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate to my personal fundraiser during MSPCA-Angell Giving Day: [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK HERE]
SAMPLE POST 2:
MSPCA-Angell Giving Day is in less than X days away! My goal is to raise $X for the MSPCA-Angell, but I need YOUR help to get here. Make a long lasting contribution here: [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK HERE]
SAMPLE POST 3:
- TODAY IS THE DAY! I need your help in supporting the MSPCA-Angell so they can continue to help homeless and abused animals. I am fundraising for the MSPCA-Angell because [ADD YOUR STORY HERE]. Please consider making a contribution to my fundraising page here: [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK HERE]. Your gift will make a huge impact on the lives of thousands of animals!
SAMPLE TWEET 1:
- The MSPCA-Angell needs YOU! Join me in supporting their mission to help animals in need!: [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK HERE]
SAMPLE TWEET 2:
- I am fundraising for the MSPCA-Angell during MSPCA-Angell Giving Day on March 23! Check out my page here [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK HERE] to donate and share!
SAMPLE TWEET 3:
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% mspcagivingday: [INSERT YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK HERE]
Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #mspcagivingday in your post!
Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use the any hashtags associated with the organization you’re fundraising for to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
- #mspcagivingday: Expand the reach of your fundraising page by inserting yourself into the #mspcagivingday conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in the statewide giving celebration
Utilize the suite of social share image on the MSPCA-Angell Giving Day website to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources like Canva. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your fundraising page, the organization's name, and the MSPCA-Angell Giving Day hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!